Meet the Assistant Principal
Laura Delagrange, Assistant Principal
- I am a graduate of Purdue University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Elementary Education and a minor in Special Education (Learning Disabilities).
- I hold teaching certifications in both IL and WI. In IL, I am certified in Elementary Education, Secondary Education and as a Learning Behavior Specialist for K-12.
- I earned my Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership and Administration from National Louis University. My IL certification is General Administrative. In WI, I hold this certification as well as endorsements in Curriculum & Instruction and in Director of Special/Pupil Services.
- I began my educational career in special education as a 2nd-3rd grade Extended Learning Program (ELP)Teacher in Lake Forest, IL in 2001.
- In 2004, I joined the Racine (WI) Unified School District. I began as a 4th/5th-grade cross categorical teacher, and after five years I became the District-wide Inclusive Practices Coach. In 2011, I was offered an opportunity to join Central Office Administration as Supervisor of Special Education for Elementary Schools.
- In 2013, I returned to IL and served the students, faculty and families of Hawthorn School District 73 as Coordinator of Special Services for the North Campus.
Thoughts on Leadership
I am thrilled to be a part of a building community! I am excited to join the administrative team and educational team as an Assistant Principal for Half Day Elementary. I am truly honored to serve the students, family and faculty of Half Day. I look forward to collaborating and celebrating the success of all our students!
A Little More About Me
Although I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago (and will always be a Chicago gal), I have been living with my family in Wisconsin since 2002. I enjoy spending time with my husband and our two children! Education is a strong theme in our family, as my husband is a high school AP Biology and Chemistry teacher. We are an extremely active family, and when we’re not at one of the kids’ sporting or scout events we enjoy hiking, bike riding, exploring museums and seeing movies together. Personally, I love to read, listen to music and exercise. I am also a strong advocate for inclusive education and celebrating the diversity around me!
Contact Mrs. Delagrange
- By phone at (847) 634-6463.
- By e-mail to email@example.com.
Find the Latest Half Day School News!
- Visit and bookmark the school homepage, or subscribe to our news postings.
- Find and subscribe to important eNotices for parents.
- Locate and subscribe to our eNewsletters.