Technology & Assessment
Technology in District 103
At District 103, we understand the rapid pace of change in today’s technology. We are committed to supporting our families as our students integrate technology with their daily learning activities. We are working to navigate the related challenges together.
1:1 Technology Portal
The District 103 Technology Portal provides information pertaining to our 1:1 Teaching & Learning program. It includes the following information:
- Instructional Technology Vision, Philosophy, Goals & Objectives
- 1:1 Parent Handbook, app lists, Digital Citizenship curriculum, program timeline and Q&A
- Future Ready District goals, student work and Technology Department contacts
- State Required Testing
The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) requires that all school districts assess the proficiency of all pupils enrolled in grades 3-8 in reading and math. The State requires school districts to administer the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) assessments. Parents will be notified in February of testing dates between March 5, 2018 and April 20, 2018. The ISBE assessment aligned with Illinois Learning Standards in science (and NGSS) will also be administered to students in grades 5 and 8 between March 1, 2018 and April 30, 2018.
- Standardized Testing
- In the fall and spring, District 103 students (grades 3-8) take the Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) tests for reading and math. In addition, specific students in grades 3-8 also take the MAP test in the winter. Students in grade 2 take the MAP assessments in the spring only.
- The Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) assesses students’ abilities in reasoning and problem solving using verbal, quantitative, and nonverbal (spatial) symbols. During 2017-2018, the CogAT will be administered to students in grades 1, 3 and 5 (as well as any new students in grades 2, 4, 6, 7 and 8).
- Local Assessments
District 103 uses local assessments as a means of monitoring the curriculum and the competencies of all students in grades K-8.
Please contact our Director of Technology & Assessment, RJ Bialk, with any questions:
(847) 295-4030 or email@example.com.